Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My germ standards, already low, start to slip...

Days 4 & 5: August 21st and 22nd, 2012

No biggies - spent my time waiting for a call back from the previous day's job interview, and got ready for another interview with another charter school on Thursday...Success Academy! Wait until I tell you about this one...anyway, I notice that I feel compelled to use baby wipes my first few days here...walking around, touching dirty stuff constantly, and then inevitably, eating or drinking something on the street, or wanting to rub my eye, causes me a bit of stress until I can wipe off my hands. Hand sanitizer won't do, although it is probably more effective - I want to SEE the dirt come off!

Well, by now, things are different levels of clean in my mind...if I ride a new subway line, yuck - those seats, poles, etc...are dirtier. If I just ride my good old 2/3 line that comes within 4 short blocks of our borrowed apt...hey - we know each other! It's OK! Rub your eyes! Drink right out of that soda can; don't wipe around the rim. Oh, wait...maybe that's why everyone offers you straws at convenience stores when you buy a canned drink?

Also, anything within the apartment "complex" is practically STERILE! The wooden benches in the courtyard...I'll eat a sandwich off of them! The handrails in the stairwell...up 5 floors...just like a surgical theater! No problem...everything in here is so much cleaner than the world outside - how could it harm me?!

I still don't have a cold...I am pretty impressed with my usual weenie immune system.

30 Rock Moment: Wearing my bathing suit top as a bra to do laundry on Wednesday...oh, like you haven't done THAT before (unless you're a guy...no judgement...)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Come back again soon!!